Material Concepts - Return Policies and Shipping Information
Return Policies, Shipping Information
General Returns Policy
Material Concepts will accept returns of unused or defective merchandise within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. The original shipping charges and cost of return shipping is on us if the return is a result of our error. Unused items must be in their original packaging. Returns after 30 days will be reviewed and may be subject to a reduced refund.
Items that are Not Returnable
Material Concepts does not accept returns of the following items:
- Hazardous items that contain flammable liquids
- Items custom printed, custom converted, or manufactured to your specification
- Tyvek® sheets, Tyvek® 10 yard sample rolls, Tyvek® excess inventory
Refunds - How and When Refunds Are Processed
Material Concepts issues refunds in the same form of payment used for purchase. Refunds are processed within 3 to 5 business days after receipt of return. Please note that credit card returns may take 2 to 10 business days to post to your account.
Return Authorization Number Required
Every return must have a return authorization number displayed prominently on the outside of the shipping box to ensure your return is correctly processed. Return authorization numbers will be provided to you when you contact us to process your return.
Canceling an Order
You may cancel your order provided that the order has not already shipped and/or is not already being custom converted or manufactured to specification.
If the item you want to cancel has already shipped, contact us for assistance. In most cases we can contact the carrier and have the item returned to us. The freight charges associated with shipping and returning are deducted from the refund.
If the item you want to cancel has already entered the converting or manufacturing process we will make every effort to stop the converting/manufacturing process quickly, and will only charge for machine/equipment set up and materials that have already been converted. It is rare, but in some instances material that is to be custom converted or manufactured undergoes certain preparations that may render the material unable to return to stock. In these instances we are unable to process a refund for all materials and set up fees associated with the order.
Shipping Information - When Your Shipment Arrives
By Parcel Delivery Service
If your shipment is being delivered by FedEx or UPS, the driver will bring the merchandise inside - simply sign for it. If there is any damage, immediately call Material Concepts' customer service representatives at 215-338-6515 or 800-372-3366 (toll free) for assistance.
- If there is damage, be sure to keep the box and item together in the event the parcel delivery carrier comes to inspect or pick up the damaged item. All shipping materials associated with the package must be kept for at least 7 days pending parcel carrier inspection.
In the case of a truck delivery, the driver will normally not unload the merchandise and will require you to take merchandise from the truck (unless inside delivery was requested when the order was placed).
- Please do not refuse any shipment before calling us!
- Examine the carton or pallet closely on all sides. If the carton is damaged or the stretch wrap on the pallet is ripped, gashed, or appears damaged in any way, you have the right to open it to inspect the contents (ICC Regulation 120).
- The driver will ask for your signature. Be sure to note any damage, including scuffs, dents, tears or creases on the delivery receipt when signing for the freight. If there are any problems with the delivery, please call Material Concepts' customer service at 215-338-6515 or 800-372-3366 before signing. If you sign a delivery receipt without notating damage, the freight company may not honor any damage claim processed.
- Please call us immediately upon receipt of damaged merchandise. Have your delivery receipt available to provide necessary information when calling our customer service representatives at 215-338-6515 or 800-372-3366.
- If you discover any damage, please save all packaging. The trucking company cannot properly do an inspection without evaluating the packaging.